Wednesday, May 03, 2006

City Place parking meters

valet parking vs. parking meters

I go to City Place in West Palm Beach on a regular basis. I know that parking is limited, so usually park in one of the garages, or behind the Kravis Center, at a parking meter.

Is it just me, or are more and more parking meters being "hooded" and reserved for valet parking?

I don't get it, the city paid to install all those parking meters, which I am sure cost me, a palm beach county resident, something, and yet now I can't use them because some private company gets to profit from them.

I am sure that there is a very valid reason, since, in stark contrast to other local governments, the political scene in WPB is squeaky clean, and that no one has personally profited from this situation. ***BULLSHIT***.

The city has lost the revenue potential from parking meters that my taxes paid for. If I'm wrong, prove it. Otherwise, I shouldn't be the only one who's curious.

No comments: