Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Office Literacy

I need some help. Are solicitors stupid, stubborn or illiterate?

It's not that I don't have respect for the sales industry - I do - I used to do it. But seriously, when there is a sign on the door that says "No Soliciting" why can't people get it. We don't want to be bothered. I know what you're going to say - if they did, than no one would ever get ahead.

It's just a pet peeve of mine, if you see a sign that says "No Soliciting", please respect it.

It's not that there is no value in the services being provided, but if I spend 10 minutes with each new salesperson that walks in, than I get nothing done. It's not that I am trying to be rude, but I just don't have the time to entertain each new offer that come in the door.

So please tell me the secret - How do I get their attention to respect my business? And please don't say buy a bigger sign.

No comments: